SCON & CSR
SCON will continue crafting unique models to generate livelihoods and environmental capital.
Corporate Social Responsibility & SCON!
Recognizing that business enterprises are economic organs of society and draw on societal resources, it is SCON’s belief that a company’s performance must be measured by its Triple Bottom Line contribution to building economic, social and environmental capital towards enhancing societal sustainability.
SCON believes that in the strategic context of business, enterprises possess, beyond mere financial resources, the transformational capacity to create game-changing development models by unleashing their power of entrepreneurial vitality, innovation and creativity. In line with this belief, SCON will continue crafting unique models to generate livelihoods and environmental capital. Such Corporate Social Responsibility (“CSR”) projects are far more replicable, scalable and sustainable, with a significant multiplier impact on sustainable livelihood creation and environmental replenishment. These initiatives are independent of the normal conduct of SCON business. Programs, projects and activities (collectively “CSR Programs”) carried out in this regard are the subject matter of this Policy.
- To direct SCON’s CSR Programs, inter alia, towards achieving one or more of the following
2. To direct SCON’s CSR Programs, inter alia, towards achieving one or more of the following
3. To develop the required capability and self-reliance of beneficiaries at the grassroots, especially women, in the belief that these are prerequisites for social and economic development.
4. To engage in affirmative action interventions such as skill building and vocational training, to enhance employability and generate livelihoods for persons from disadvantaged sections of society.
5. To pursue CSR Programs primarily in areas that fall within the economic vicinity of the Company’s operations to enable close supervision and ensure maximum development impact.
6. To carry out CSR Programs in relevant local areas to fulfill commitments arising from requests by government/regulatory authorities and to earmark amounts of monies towards “Enterprise Social Responsibility (ESR)” activities and to spend such monies through ESR/CSR Cells of such administrative bodies of the government and/or directly by way of developmental works in the local areas around which the Company operates.
7. To provide equal opportunities to beneficiaries of the Company’s CSR Programs as vendors or employees on merit.
8. To promote, and undertake such CSR initiatives, and projects as per the guidelines issued by the government from time to time.